top of page
  • What insurance carriers do you accept?
    APPOINTMENTS To make an appointment, please call 281-937-4139 or use our convenient Request an Appointment form. If you must cancel an appointment for any reason, please give us at least 24 hours advance notice. Magnolia Counseling of Pearland is a practice dedicated to providing every client with comprehensive mental and emotional wellness care at an affordable price. We accept payments from the following insurance companies: Payment Types Accepted We happily accept cash, check, debit, credit, and HSA Cards. In addition we accept a list of insurance providers as outlined below: Network Payers: We currently accept Optum/United Health Care (UHC). We are in the process of getting paneled with additional insurance companies. When you schedule your first appointment with Magnolia Counseling of Pearland, we will review your benefits to determine whether you are in/out of network and what your coverage may be. However, this will not be a guarantee of benefits. To best determine what your health coverage will be, please contact your insurance company directly and they can let you know what you will be paying out of pocket. Cash rate options are also available. Coinsurance A certain percent you must pay each benefit period after you have paid your deductible. This payment is for covered services only. You may still have to pay a copay in addition to the co-insurance. Example: Your plan might cover 80 percent of your medical bill. You will have to pay the other 20 percent. The 20 percent is the coinsurance. Copayment (Copay) The amount you pay to a healthcare provider at the time you receive services. You may have to pay a copay for each covered visit to your doctor, depending on your plan. Not all plans have a copay. Deductible The amount you pay for your healthcare services before your health insurer pays. Deductibles are based on your benefit period (typically a year at a time). Learn about deductibles here. Example: If your plan has a $2,000 annual deductible, you will be expected to pay the first $2,000 toward your healthcare services. After you reach $2,000, your health insurer will cover the rest of the costs. FSA (Flexible Spending Account) An FSA is often set up through an employer plan. It lets you set aside pre-tax money for common medical costs and dependent care. FSA funds must be used by the end of the term-year. It will be sent back to the employer if you don’t use it. Check with your employer’s Human Resources team. The can provide a list of FSA-qualified costs that you can purchase directly or be reimbursed for. A few common FSA-qualified costs include: Copays for doctors’ visits, chiropractor and psychological sessions Hospital fees, medical tests and services (like X-rays and screenings) Out-of-pocket Cost Cost you must pay. Out-of-pocket costs vary by plan and each plan has a maximum out of pocket (MOOP) cost. Consult your plan for more information. If you do not have one of the above-listed insurance providers, we can provide you with an “Insurance Super Bill” that provides your insurance company all the information to apply for reimbursement. Your insurance company would decide how much would be reimbursable or applied to your deductible. For additional questions about payment options, please call us at 281-937-4139. We’re ready to answer all your questions.
  • Will counseling really help?
    The outcome of counseling depends on the issues being addressed, how severe they are, how long they have been in play, your readiness to engage in the healing process, and the counselor’s skill in facilitating change. Because each situation is different we encourage you to schedule a free 15-minute consult with one of our counselors so you can meet them and get a better idea of how they might help. You can find a counselor who works for you. Finding a counselor can be a difficult task during an already difficult time. If you or someone you know is struggling with mental, relational or emotional issues and you are considering counseling, we are happy to provide those services ourselves or refer you to someone who can help. We are not a fit for everyone and that is why we offer a free 15-minute consult to interested clients so they can determine if we meet the criteria mentioned above.
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
bottom of page